Hello There & Welcome

My photo
This blog reveals stories and imagery from our professional work and personal adventures. We are creative portrait and destination wedding photographers that live, work and play on the west coast of the US of A. We also run an award winning graphic design studio. But more than that, we’re a young abstract family trying to live this life to its absolute fullest. As you look through some of the blog entries below you will get a good feel for what makes us tick, and you’ll be introduced to some of our latest design and photo projects. Check back often for updates, and if you see something you like don’t be afraid to leave a comment.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Taking on the Arts

Below you'll find examples of my new focus on becoming a career freelance graphic designer and photographer.








Upon moving to Bend, I (gary) went out on a limb to see if I could survive as a freelance artist. And surprisingly, so far the plan is half way working! I've allowed myself 20 hours a week of freelance design and photography time, and the rest of my week is taken up by the evil empire of Star$'s :)

My dream is to become a mobile (traveling) freelance designer and photographer. I'd need some pretty killer gear, but the goal is to work from anywhere in the world, and I believe that technology these days would allow for such flexibility. Since the Fall, I have been working for six different companies almost entirely through the web! So who says Courtney and I can't live the dream of traveling while "working" in the states :) Plus it really frees up our time to do the things we'd love to do in life! Like serving in ministry and having crazy adventures!

As a photographer, I now represent Obsidian Photography and iStock Photos (I'm tyring to get into the photography world as well) Wish me luck everybody!!! These are exciting times.

Please visit my Design Portfolio for any further information.

No comments: