Hello There & Welcome

My photo
This blog reveals stories and imagery from our professional work and personal adventures. We are creative portrait and destination wedding photographers that live, work and play on the west coast of the US of A. We also run an award winning graphic design studio. But more than that, we’re a young abstract family trying to live this life to its absolute fullest. As you look through some of the blog entries below you will get a good feel for what makes us tick, and you’ll be introduced to some of our latest design and photo projects. Check back often for updates, and if you see something you like don’t be afraid to leave a comment.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Makena (Big Beach)


We spent the afternoon at Makena Beach... our favorite beach on Maui, which has some of the best beach break on planet earth. We tested out our new underwater housing for the camera (which worked awesome - I was seriously like a kid in a candy shop... just stoked on life) and we also introduced Joelle to the WARM beach (as apposed to the COLD California beach) and she LOVED it. She was completely confused by the sand, but genuinely stoked the whole time we were there. We've been seriously RELAXING so far, and Joelle has been a SLEEPING CHAMP since we arrived (Praise the good Lord in heaven). Life is good my friends.


Joelle + Makena from Gary Christenson on Vimeo.
(Click on the PLAY button to play the above video)

Trying to figure out the sand

My beautiful, relaxed and happy ladies.

The Stru-brothers & Gary - 15 feet deep in the Pac Ocean... I love this time of year b/c any time you go under water you can hear the humpback whales singing to you.

Matt jumping off the sand bank (which you can't see from this angle, but it was "somewhere between mid to large in height" - as quoted by Matt Strubhar)

I am completely at home in and under the water... it just makes me so happy to be in the water every day playing, exercising and exploring... makes me wonder why we live in Central Oregon :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this bit of sunchine from you guys in the middle of this WET WET winter. beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Gary! Your family is awesome- but you knew that! Glad to hear things are going great!

Anonymous said...

Hi you three! Unbelievbable. i can almost experience it myself since I know exactly where you're at! the best beach break on planet earth indeed. You both look beautiful; then to know that the pudin is sleeping, that gary is chillin both "in and under the water", now that's what I call a vacation.
Dad

Chelsie said...

you guys... I totally understand the Central Oregon/Maui LOVE! Those two places are my two faves, and I think I would live in both if I could! You guys are so awesome, and I love keeping up with you (three)!

nicole aka gidget said...

my daughter loved the little clip of Joelle on the sand- she wanted "more." :)